A little planning and preparation will help your trips much more enjoyable. Here are our tips and guide step by step for those ones looking and planning for a perfect Myanmar travel.
Step 1: Get a Myanmar tour idea
Myanmar (Burma) is the largest country in mainland of South East Asia. You want to travel to Myanmar? Obviously, yes. But…where or which places in Myanmar? Uhm…oh…If that question can make you confused, let’s go to our travel guide page where you can get not only tours ideas but top places of interests in Myanmar.
If your desired places, by any chance, does not include in this page, don’t hesitate to drop us an email at info at myanmartours.asia. We have them all here.
Step 2: Pick a tour or tailor-made it as your wish
After getting the places you want to go, go back to our tour packages list where you can find several trips under four main themes: Classic packages – for general travel purposes and anyone can take them, Beach holidays and River cruises – with outstanding seaside accommodation and finest river cruises selection for travelers much interested in water life and Adventure tours – for trekking, hiking, biking fans (some of adventures are very hard and not recommended for all physical levels. If you are not sure, please contact our support team).
What if I don’t like any tour samples or like some of them? – Go to our Tailor Made tool, send your request and our Support team will do this for you right away. The good news is all our Myanmar packages is private tours, then you can customize it to whatever you want
Step 3: Obtain Visa and Book International flights
Now you have two ways to obtain Visa to Myanmar. The first is to go to Myanmar Diplomatic Rep Office in your home country. The second is Visa On Arrival which is easier and cheaper. From Sep 01, 2014, Myanmar government launched eVisa portal for foreign citizens from over 40 countries can apply. The official website is www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm.
Next, you should book international flights right away to get your favorite flight and better prices. You can choose any airlines but there is one thing you should pay attention is transit time. Some just take few hours, some can take up to a day. In this situation, you should manage a hotel near an airport for resting. This thing is just a small point in your trip but fail to do so, you can make your Myanmar trip become hard right from start.
– Singapore – for passengers mostly coming from Australia. Click here for hotel list near the Singapore airport.
– Bangkok – for passenger mostly coming from European countries.Click here for hotel list near the Bangkok airport.
– Hongkong – for passenger mostly coming from USA. Click here for hotel list near the Hongkong Airport.
– Kunming, China – for passengers from China. Click here for hotel list near the Kunming Airport.
Step 4: Travel Light and Neat
Pack things for up to two weeks travel are not easy if you want to keep it neat and light. The general advice is just to bring really essential things, otherwise, you may find your trip heavy all the times and increase the risk of losing your personal items. Take a view of our suggestions below:
- – Several weeks before your trip, make a list of what you will need to take with you.
- – Make sure your personal documents (passports, visas, driver’s license) are in order.
- – We suggest that you make photocopies of passports, visas, personal ID and any other important travel documents and pack them separately from the originals. If you – lose the originals while traveling, you’ll have copies for easier reporting and replacement.
- – You may consider bringing a small supply of over the counter medications for headaches and/or anti-diarrhea pills. Pack a list of medications including dosage and generic names.
- – We recommend that you pack a portable alarm clock.
- – Avoid placing valuables such as cameras in your checked luggage.
Step 5: Well-prepared for Culture Crash
Myanmar is Asian country not open to the world until just a few recent years. You should prepare for the difference in many aspects to your home country. For example: the price of the hotel is particularly as high as in the Western hotels but the conditions and standards may be rather far from those hotel standards; you can meet Burmese men with black teeth because of habit chewing betel or they may wear long skirt – called “longyi”; you may fly on free seat flights with domestic airlines and stop at the midway for transferring and collecting more passengers etc… There are many other things. But if you get on well with this features, you will be awarded back by warm, honest, friendly Burmese people and a unique culture that has been hardly seen in other parts of Asia.